Today (August 6th), Pioneer DJs has officially announced that they are introducing a new mixer into the market…..the DJM-S9 Mixer. This mixer has been in development for quite a long time, with the help of the Magnificent One….Dj Jazzy Jeff.
“Following on the success and legacy of Pioneer DJ’s classic 2-channel DJM-909 mixer, the DJM-S9 takes things a step further, offering a number of new hardware developments as well as tightly developed integration with Serato DJ.
The DJM-S9 is designed with exciting DJ performances in mind. Large performance pads, and customisable FX controls give DJs direct access to take control of their music creatively with Serato DJ. Plug-and-play Serato DJ support is provided with two soundcards, allowing easy B2B sets and seamless DJ changeover.
The DJM-S9 will be available from late October 2015.
A limited edition gold DJM-S9-N will also be available from November.
The Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 will be supported as a Serato DJ Enabled mixer in a forthcoming Serato DJ release.”
Peep out the video with Dj Jazzy Jeff, Dj Q-Bert, Dj Kentaro, Dj Eskae83, Jon1st, Dj Shintaro, Mr. Switch, and of course, the Beat Junkies.
Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 Features
- Serato DJ Enabled. Download Serato DJ, connect and start DJing.
- Serato DVS Enabled for ultra low latency response and sound quality. Supports both Serato Noisemap™ Control Vinyl and CD input.
- Control all 4 Serato DJ decks. Switch easily between decks 1 & 3 for the left channel and 2 & 4 for the right.
- Dual USB soundcards. Easily play back-to-back with two DJs and two computers. DJ changeover is seamless with input switching easily accessible on the top of the mixer.
- On-board library controls to scroll through your Serato DJ Crates and load tracks.
- Large, precision engineered RGB Performance Pads. Control your Loops, Hot Cues, Roll, Slicer and SP-Sample Player, as well as the option to custom map these to other Serato DJ features. An onboard display screen shows which mode is active and allows DJs to allocate different pad colors for each mode.
- Choose from a large range of both Pioneer DJ FX and control for Serato DJ software FX, powered by iZotope™. Six customizable FX controls on each side of the mixer, plus two in the middle gives huge scope for personalisation.
- Supports new Serato DJ Favourite FX banks feature. Switch between two banks (A/B) of your six favourite Serato DJ FX. Control this directly on the mixer as well as in software.
- Assign either Pioneer Beat FX, or Serato DJ software FX across two large RMX-1000 style levers which can be used to apply FX either momentary or latched, quickly in the mix.
- 15 on-board Pioneer Beat FX including the popular Echo, Delay, Reverb, Flanger, Phaser and Transform, all quantized to the track tempo in Serato DJ.
- Filter FX gives DJs a high pass / low pass combo filter for each channel which can be switched between other filters and FX including Dub Echo, Noise and Pitch.
- Pioneer DJ’s MAGVEL Fader Pro for a super tight response and reliability. Adjust the feeling with shock absorbing Fader Bumpers, included in three materials giving DJs the level of resistance they prefer. Adjust the crossfader curve characteristics as well as reverse for hamster DJs.
- 32-bit A/D converters and DSP for ultra low noise as well as enhanced audio quality and stable sound.
Maximum mixer dimensions: 267 x 107.9 x 407.3 mm
Mixer weight: 4.6 kg